Call of Duty 4 crashes at start RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello I have a problem. I cannot start multiplayer of Call of duty 4, but can play single player without problem. When I try to start Multiplayer, game crashes. Is there any solution? I have read a lot of forums on google, but didn't find anything helpful!

Need help, or I will just rollback to Win XP.

I use Win7 64bit RTM, msdnaa version.
    • Changed type Arthur Xie Friday, October 16, 2009 9:31 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2009 5:56 PM

All replies

• Does it display any errors?  If not, are there any error messages in the Windows Event Viewer Application log?  If so, please post text of the message(s).
    -Matt
    Monday, October 12, 2009 7:09 PM
  • First please set the execution file of Call of duty 4 to run as administrator and in Windows XP SP3 compatible mode.

If the issue persists, temporary disable the anti-virus and firewall.

If the issue still occurs, please let us know if you can start multiple players in other games. Also, can you start Internet game correctly?

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:27 AM
  • mattburr it tries to start the game, and after 2 seconds, it says, that application cannot be started or something similar i don't rememeber(i am at work atm), but you know that small window, and than it tries to find solution, but nothing..

Arthur Xie as I told I tried everything I found on internet. I tried compatibility mode with XP, Vista.. Not working. I installed DX9 Aug 2009, not working. I installed newest drivers from nVIDIA.. Not working.. I don't use firewall at all :))) nor anti-virus, because Win7 is buletproof(joke). I mean I am behind router, but that doesn't matter.

I can play FIFA10, World of Warcraft, without problems online..

Btw my system is e5300@3,6GHz, 8800GT, 2GBram, asus p5n-d

Help!
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:45 AM
  • It seems a known behavior. No solid solution yet. Maybe you need to wait for the latest update from the publisher of  “Call of Duty 4”.
    Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:53 AM
  • ok thats honest answer.. at least i won't lose time anymore.. please reply in this topic if you find solution. thanks
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:42 PM
  • so any news and stuff?
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:26 PM
  • i know this an old thread.

This is a very common problem which most users are having on the forum!
    To quickly solve just try this:

• Go to Start then Control Panel
    • Double click on the Sound Tool
    • Click on the Recording tab
    • Right click and select "View Disabled Devices"
    • Enable the Stereo Mix

After that, COD4 will run normally!
    Friday, September 9, 2011 4:19 PM