MS Exchange 2013 certificate error. RRS feed

• Question

• we just setup Exchange 2013 but I cant configure outlook . it brings two error messages.

1. There is a problem with a proxy server's security certificate. the name on the certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the target site.

2. The connection to Microsoft exchange is unavailable. outlook must be online or connected to complete this action

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

1.First of all please tell me have you installed and enabled the certificate for exchange services like pop,imap,owa,iis,smtp .

2.The names available on the exchange SAN certificate should have to be used on the exchange url's .

3.Moreover what is client's operating system?

4.Is this issue is happening for all the users ?

5.Make sure that the outlook anywhere name and autodiscover name are added on the internet explorer proxy exceptions .

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

• Proposed as answer by Mavis_Huang Monday, January 19, 2015 11:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:32 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

1.First of all please tell me have you installed and enabled the certificate for exchange services like pop,imap,owa,iis,smtp .

2.The names available on the exchange SAN certificate should have to be used on the exchange url's .

3.Moreover what is client's operating system?

4.Is this issue is happening for all the users ?

5.Make sure that the outlook anywhere name and autodiscover name are added on the internet explorer proxy exceptions .

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

• Proposed as answer by Mavis_Huang Monday, January 19, 2015 11:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:32 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:24 PM
  • Hi Stefo266,

Great checklist from S.Nithyanandham.

Which method do you setup your Exchange account into Outlook?Automatically or manually? If failed to setup account automatically, please try to setup manually.

Thanks

Mavis Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Mavis_Huang Monday, January 19, 2015 11:19 AM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 11:15 AM