Missing OUTLOOK connection tab in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello forum,  I am running Windows 10 Professional, version 1607 and OUTLOOK 2016. In order to connect to my organisation's Exchange server I need to setup a proxy connection. Before upgrading to Windows 10, Outlook would present an "advanced parameters" window where one could define the proxy parameters. This window is not proposed anymore by the couple Outlook2016/Windows 10. The same problem was discussed in this forum May 15, 2015 (Missing tab in Outlook advanced settings). However, the solution given there does not seem to work in my environment: despite editting the registry the above mentioned window does not materialize!

Any hints to solve the problem will be most welcome!

All the best, Matitico

Saturday, January 28, 2017 5:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Matitico,

This is the expected behavior in Outlook 2016 - There are no Connection settings in Outlook 2016 and this is due to that Outlook 2016 doesn’t expose any ways of configuring an Exchange server connection other than Autodiscover.

If autodiscover records aren't published, your administrator will need to publish them so Outlook can find the account.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Matitico Monday, January 30, 2017 11:27 AM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 7:13 AM
  • You're welcome!

Regards,

Ethan Hua

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Matitico Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Matitico,

This is the expected behavior in Outlook 2016 - There are no Connection settings in Outlook 2016 and this is due to that Outlook 2016 doesn’t expose any ways of configuring an Exchange server connection other than Autodiscover.

If autodiscover records aren't published, your administrator will need to publish them so Outlook can find the account.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

• Marked as answer by Matitico Monday, January 30, 2017 11:27 AM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 7:13 AM
  • Thanks Ethan for your answer. I will turn to the administrator for further help.

All the best, Matitico

Monday, January 30, 2017 10:52 AM
  • You're welcome!

Regards,

Ethan Hua

• Marked as answer by Matitico Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:02 AM