Widescreen Problems while playing games. RRS feed

• Question

• hello, i have recently recieved windows 7 professional 32bit from college and, after much thought have decided to install in on my Acer Aspire 8930G laptop, everything was running well, until it came to playing games on the laptop, for some reason, the games run with two large black lines going down the side of the screen (18.4") i understand that the aspect ratio is not correct, but i have tried everything to get it to work, i have installed the latest drivers for my laptop, i have tried manually changing the display options in the nvidia control panel, but no luck, i have no clue as what to do, and i am seriously thinking about reverting back to vista 32bit as i never had this problem before, even if the resolution in-game was different to the main resolution of the display, it would always stretch the image to the full lengh of my screen.

if you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem, then i would very much appreciate it.

symon
    Friday, November 20, 2009 10:12 AM

Answers

• Some games are hard coded 4:3 others are more flexible so you will have to try them each to see which ones work ok. New drivers will help too, but you will have to wait while they are fixed.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe

Server: P4-2GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Linux Server, need IDE/SATA disks for my chess site

Workstation: Asus M2NBP-VM CSM, Athlon64 X2 4200+ 65W CPU, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 8600GT, 320GB + 160G backup, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 3:15 PM

All replies

• but surely there can be something i can do to get the aspect ratio correct without having to wait for the drivers? what about all of the other windows 7 users that play games? do they have the same problems? or is it just because i am using a laptop or something?!
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 11:16 AM
  • Yo, theres no point changing to vista, because im on vista and i have the same problem, i seriously do not know what i can do its like any game i play on it will just randomly make lines and stretch then next minute i have a full blue screen or sumit symon if you do ever find out mate can you send me email to bootie_30@hotmail.co.uk thanks mate :)
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:49 PM