wsus content RRS feed

• Question

• Is it supported to put WSUS content on a remote server?

No matter what I tried, it always got accessed denied error.

Can someone provide the supported official document or link?

Thank you very much!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi L14507,

1. It is not recommended to store WSUS content on a network drive on a remote server, as you can see, it may cause permission issues, we'd better store it locally;

2. If you insist on storing the content remotely, then, we need to modify the ACL of the content folder that ensure "Everyone" has read and write rights to WSUS content. Also ensure "NETWORK SERVICE" has "Full control".

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:43 AM

All replies

• Hi L14507,

1. It is not recommended to store WSUS content on a network drive on a remote server, as you can see, it may cause permission issues, we'd better store it locally;

2. If you insist on storing the content remotely, then, we need to modify the ACL of the content folder that ensure "Everyone" has read and write rights to WSUS content. Also ensure "NETWORK SERVICE" has "Full control".

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:43 AM
  • I did all that but still got access denied error. :-(
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Hi L14507,

I noticed that you created other posts that asking similar questions about this issue, and seems you have figured out with it.

Have you got everything working?

Best Regards,

Anne

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 3:24 AM