Unable to deploy and capture Win10 2019 LTSC from MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• All...

I'm running into an issue where I'm trying to deploy Windows 10 2019 LTSC from my MDT 2013 server. I've downloaded the Win 10 2019 LTSC from my volume license site and imported it into my Deployment Share under Operating Systems. I've created a new Standard Task Sequence to push out the o/s and then capture the WIM. Every time I try to do this, it fails with 10 errors and 2 warnings when it's 'Install operating system' in the task. Here are the details of the server:

Windows 2019 Datacenter Server

MDT 2013 build 6.3.8450.1000

Win 10 ADK build 10.1.17763.1 ( also installed is the Win 10 ADK PE Add-on )

WDS is also installed and configured

My BDD.log is located here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yl3Mlrbyr834XH75aIafZShivh_9vQJk

My smsts.log is located here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vn1-JJOjn9upfCFUUu8lwsXWWqBUprUF

It's worth noting that I have absolutely NO problems when trying to deploy and capture Windows 10 2016 LTSB. This only occurs when trying to do Win 10 2019 LTSC. I've downloaded the ISO from my VLSC site over three times in order to ensure that it wasn't just a bad image I was getting from the VLSC site. I'm lost as to why this is happening. 

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! 

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #dca10d} </style>

Thanks... Frank

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:27 PM

Answers

• I was able to find the solution to this. In my Deployment Share, I had an application under Packages there. It was .NET 3.5. Once I disabled that, I was then able to successfully push out 2019 LTSC and capture it. Creating another task to deploy it, along with Office 2016, worked flawlessly. 

Thanks... Frank

• Marked as answer by ThePrep Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:48 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:48 PM

All replies

• We had issues with a couple of our default configuration settings that worked fine in LTSB 2016.  The dmwappushservice was previously set to disabled, but we had to leave it to capture a stable image.

The only other issue was that I had to disable the OOBE on the deployment, otherwise I was getting a hard lock during the network configuration phase.  I did not change this during Sysprep and Capture.  

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 3:24 PM
  • We had issues with a couple of our default configuration settings that worked fine in LTSB 2016.  The dmwappushservice was previously set to disabled, but we had to leave it to capture a stable image.

The only other issue was that I had to disable the OOBE on the deployment, otherwise I was getting a hard lock during the network configuration phase.  I did not change this during Sysprep and Capture.  

Thanks, Calash, for you reply! Would you mind expanding on the two points you made above? 

Thanks... Frank

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 3:49 PM
  • I was able to find the solution to this. In my Deployment Share, I had an application under Packages there. It was .NET 3.5. Once I disabled that, I was then able to successfully push out 2019 LTSC and capture it. Creating another task to deploy it, along with Office 2016, worked flawlessly. 

Thanks... Frank

• Marked as answer by ThePrep Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:48 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:48 PM