none
Actual Finish Date RRS feed

• Question

• Is there some way to get data with actual date + time when user marked task completed(100%). 

Friday, August 1, 2014 11:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Roberts,

Just insert the actual finish field which will automatically be populated when the task will be completed. To display date AND time, go to file menu, options, general and choose a data format with the time.

Then you should obtain what you need:

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Friday, August 1, 2014 11:53 AM
  • No, sorry.  The Actual Finish date will show the date the task actually finished - but not when the user marked the task complete. If the user just marked the task 100%, the Actual Finish date will equal the original finish date.  Use the Tracking table to change the Actual Finish date as needed.

Friday, August 1, 2014 5:07 PM
  • Indeed Julie you're right, it seems like I misunderstood the question.

It is still not very clear to me..

Roberts, what do you want to capture? Do you need to track when does the users marked tasks as completed? Or just want to capture the date and time the task was completed? For example, a user might open the project plan on friday to mark that a task has been completed on wednesday? Do you need to track wednesday or friday?

If you want to track when does the users marked tasks as completed, either you can use a manual process, meaning asking the users to enter the current date in a date task custom field, or you can do some VBA to capture the date when the task is 100% and store it in a custom field.

If you want to capture the date and time the task was completed, my first reply should apply.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Proposed as answer by Top112 Friday, August 1, 2014 5:32 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 5:29 PM