Unable to save exported report to mapped drive RRS feed

• Question

• I hope this is the correct forum for this as it seems to be at least partially related to RS.  Of the servers that pertain to this issue, we have a setup of 3 Server 2008 R2 Servers, 1 Remote Desktop Services, 1 SQL Server and 1 file server.  Users are mapped a network drive and can access this "U" drive with out issue.  However, if a user launches an application through RDS, views a report in IE, then selects to export the report and save it to their "U" drive, they receive an access denied error. What does get written is a file with a ".partial" extension.  I have ran ProcMon on both the end user's workstation and on the terminal server and the only thing that I can see is there is an operation, "Create File" that contains this information in the path:

\\;LanmanRedirector\;U:00000000117394ac\<servername>\Data_User\<username>\<name of report>.pdf.ueo56n5.partial

This has a result code of 0xC0000201 which I was able to determine was "Status Network Open Restriction" but was unable to find out what exactly that means. Also, the account trying to run the "Create File" operator is the account of the logged in user which has Full Control over their directory.   What is strange is that if RDS or Reporting Services are not involved, everything works normally and if a user is in the Administrators group, everything there works normally as well.  I'm stumped.  Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi jguernsey,

From the information posted, the error only occurs at the time saving the file to a drive. So I infer it might be caused by the Operating System (OS) security policy. Since I am not an expert on OS, I can only provide you a thread about error 0xC0000201:
    http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-exception_core/Error-0xC0000201-*1468.html

Thanks,
    Lola

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    • Marked as answer by Lola Wang Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:14 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:05 AM