app locker RRS feed

• Question

• help me using applocke

i can lot more about software restriction policy i mean i know almost everythin, but i am unable to make changes by using applocker.

in services snap in the application identity is set to manual which is default.

i have been lookin abou applocker in youtube and web. i do exact same as in youtube but noithin happens in my comp ...no software is block

i have waste already couple of hours in doing this......but i now i find that software restriction policy is far more easier bcuz i knw about software restriction but i am unable to make changes through appliation restriction policy.

• Changed type Leon Liu - MS Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:21 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There may be something missing, you could pay more attention to Applocker, and I suggest you refer to the following links which might be useful to you:

AppLocker Technical Documentation for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows AppLocker

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leon Liu - MS Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:21 AM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

In adition Alex answer the Application Identity service needs to be automatic as startup type.
    And it needs to be running otherwise applocker won't process any applocker policies.

You can find some more information on this page:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee791779(WS.10).aspx

Kind Regards
    DFT

IM me - TWiTTer: @DFTER
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:43 PM
  • Thank you for the reply but i have already solved my problem lols i forgot to set the startup type and now its all working coool i love this thing

Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There may be something missing, you could pay more attention to Applocker, and I suggest you refer to the following links which might be useful to you:

AppLocker Technical Documentation for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows AppLocker

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

In adition Alex answer the Application Identity service needs to be automatic as startup type.
    And it needs to be running otherwise applocker won't process any applocker policies.

You can find some more information on this page:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee791779(WS.10).aspx

Kind Regards
    DFT

IM me - TWiTTer: @DFTER
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:43 PM
  • Thank you for the reply but i have already solved my problem lols i forgot to set the startup type and now its all working coool i love this thing

Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:13 PM