TCP Port check & recovery RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I have a custom TCP Port check called "HQ Client" with two watchers querying a single system every 2 minutes. I'd like to set a recovery task to restart the service if the check fails (critical state). I created a VBScript and tested it outside of SCE and it works great.

Now I'm somewhat confused as to where I put the script. If I expand the Management Pack Objects section and click on Monitors, I have several entries with the name of my port check as follows:

• HQ Client
    • HQ Client TCP Port Check Group
    • HQ Client watcher computers group

I've tried adding the script to various entries below each monitor target but can't seem to get it to run. The script not only restarts the service but it logs to the Application event log. I can verify that the service does not restart and no entry exists in the event log.

At present I have the script added to the HQ Client\Entity Heatlh\Availability\Connection Refused target under "Diagnostic and Recovery".

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jason Shave

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 4:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

As my understanding, you have added a monitoring for TCP port, and now you want to run script which can restart the service if HQ Client health state change to “critical”, is that right?

For this issue, we may go to “Monitors”-“HQ Client\Entity Health”-“prosperities”-"Diagnostic and Recovery"-“Configure recovery tasks”.

Follow the wizard to create Recovery Task, be attention to check the ”Reset monitor” point.

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

As my understanding, you have added a monitoring for TCP port, and now you want to run script which can restart the service if HQ Client health state change to “critical”, is that right?

For this issue, we may go to “Monitors”-“HQ Client\Entity Health”-“prosperities”-"Diagnostic and Recovery"-“Configure recovery tasks”.

Follow the wizard to create Recovery Task, be attention to check the ”Reset monitor” point.

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 6:59 AM
  • As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Monday, November 5, 2007 1:29 AM