none
Basic Theme - can't change Title Bar color RRS feed

• Question

• I've just switched to Windows Basic Theme - no need/desire for Aero. However, I cannot change the Active Window Title Bar color from the default light blue. The change looks ok in the Personalize window but doesn't get transferred to the desktop. I'm running the Signature Edition of Ultimate. Got rid of my RC versions so I can't compare. Anyone else with this problem? TIA. 
    ________________ theWeissGuy
    Friday, October 16, 2009 12:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Try to use Windows Classic Theme, it should work. Based on my further test, I can't change the color of Windows Basic theme neither, I will report this behavior to our related DEV team and get a further assistance.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Monday, October 19, 2009 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please open regedit to manually set the value to see if it works.

Note: pay attention to back up your registry before modifying, any incorrect modification may cause unrecoverable change.

1) Press Win + R to open a run window.
    2) Type regedit and hint Enter.
    3) Navigate to the following folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors

4) Find ActiveTitle item and double click it to set your preferred value.
    5) Log off and log on to see how it works.

BTW, try to log on another user acount to see if you can change in other user profile.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Friday, October 16, 2009 10:04 AM
  • Thanks - but no go. Registry looks fine, same problem with Guest account.
    theWeissGuy
    Friday, October 16, 2009 9:20 PM
  • Hi,

Try to use Windows Classic Theme, it should work. Based on my further test, I can't change the color of Windows Basic theme neither, I will report this behavior to our related DEV team and get a further assistance.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Monday, October 19, 2009 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

I know this tread is rather old, but is there something new with this behavior?

I have still the same problem to change the color of the title bar in Window 7 - Basic Theme

Many thanks

Herbert

Friday, November 29, 2013 10:03 AM