none
Project Fields Web App in a new PDP (2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to add some custom felds in a new PDP. If I add the Project Fields web app, I get every custom fields created in Project Server. How can I choose the custom field I need?

Thanks

Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Project Fields webpart can be customised to choose the fields you want to see. To do so, on the PDP page select the Project Fields web part menu, it will be a small down arrow on the right hand side of the page in line with the web part title.

Click on Edit Web Part. The web part menu will be displayed where you will see a modify button. Click on that to choose which fields you want the web part to display.

Hope this helps.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:54 PM
  • I think you may have inserted the 'Project Details' webpart instead of the 'Project Fields' web part.

The Project Details webpart contains all of the custom fields. The Project Fields webpart behaves the way that Alex describes.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, October 1, 2012 6:49 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The Project Fields webpart can be customised to choose the fields you want to see. To do so, on the PDP page select the Project Fields web part menu, it will be a small down arrow on the right hand side of the page in line with the web part title.

Click on Edit Web Part. The web part menu will be displayed where you will see a modify button. Click on that to choose which fields you want the web part to display.

Hope this helps.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:54 PM
  • I think you may have inserted the 'Project Details' webpart instead of the 'Project Fields' web part.

The Project Details webpart contains all of the custom fields. The Project Fields webpart behaves the way that Alex describes.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, October 1, 2012 6:49 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 6:11 AM