none
Add a network in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying for over 5 months to add my FTP site back into my computer and have had no luck. It was in there until I had to do a complete system restore to factory setting and now it keeps giving me and error "invalid folder"
    Sunday, January 4, 2015 1:39 AM

Answers

• Hello Chris965,

Please explain a bit about the following questions for better analyzation:
    1. Before the complete system restore, what issue did you meet?
    2. What is the whole error message of ‘invalid folder’?

Do you mean that the you receive the error message when you try to add the ftp by adding a network location in Windows Explorer?

Please take the following steps to troubleshooting:
    1. Open Internet Explorer and try to connect to the FTP by add the address in the Internet Explorer address bar
    2. Open Windows Explorer and check if we can connect to the FTP by typing ftp address in address bar.

Please check the regedit key in the following thread about This FTP site cannot be viewed in Windows Explorer.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/this-ftp-site-cannot-be-viewed-in-windows-explorer/e699d41e-98ae-48c1-9231-d570d46c0f38

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 11:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried Menu-> "View this site in Windows Explorer"

Or, what if you add the ftp site in (my)Computer as a network location?

Where is the server located, and does it shows any errors in the log

Best Regards,

Jesper Vindum, Denmark

Systems Administrator

Help the forum and vote helpful replies or mark them as answer, if it helps solving your problem.

Sunday, January 4, 2015 3:04 AM
  • Hello Chris965,

Please explain a bit about the following questions for better analyzation:
    1. Before the complete system restore, what issue did you meet?
    2. What is the whole error message of ‘invalid folder’?

Do you mean that the you receive the error message when you try to add the ftp by adding a network location in Windows Explorer?

Please take the following steps to troubleshooting:
    1. Open Internet Explorer and try to connect to the FTP by add the address in the Internet Explorer address bar
    2. Open Windows Explorer and check if we can connect to the FTP by typing ftp address in address bar.

Please check the regedit key in the following thread about This FTP site cannot be viewed in Windows Explorer.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/this-ftp-site-cannot-be-viewed-in-windows-explorer/e699d41e-98ae-48c1-9231-d570d46c0f38

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 11:16 AM