Unsharing ESP drive RRS feed

• Question

• So the F:ESP drive finally popped up on my computer. I understand it is a partition used in updating But my concern is that when I examined it I saw that this drive is shared with EVERYONE. It seems to contains lots of personal files and information which I do not want to be accessible by anyone and everyone. So I unshared the drive and deleted all users with access. Will this cause problems?  Thanks.

Edit: Just noticed this is about Windows . I am running Windows 10. Still, maybe someone can help. Thanks again

• Edited by Viking-Guy Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:56 PM clarify
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Don’t worry, it will not cause the problem.

In addition, if you want to remove it, you can refer to the following steps:

Precaution: Make sure to select only ESP drive only. Don't remove your Personal drive by mistake.

Open Command prompt. (to open command prompt : Windows+R and search for cmd)

type diskpart then enter

diskpart>list volume then enter

You will see all drives with ESP as well.

EXample: DISKPART> list volume

Volume ###  Ltr  Label        Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info

----------  ---  -----------  -----  ----------  -------  ---------  --------

Volume 4     G   ESP          FAT32  Partition    500 MB  Healthy    System

DISKPART> select volume 4 ( Select your ESP drive volume number)

(After selecting you will see * sign infront of ESP drive.)

diskpart>list volume

* Volume 4     G   ESP          FAT32  Partition    500 MB  Healthy    System

DISKPART> remove letter=G (Remove by using letter which one Used for ESP drive)

It will be removed for Sure.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Monday, June 18, 2018 7:26 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:14 AM