none
Can't figure out how to delete a row in the Cost Rate Table for a resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Probably a dumb question but I can't find the answer by searching.  How do you delete a row in the Cost Rate Table.  i can select a row but then neither the delete key nor the right mouse click do anything.  I see a red X and a green check mark in the upper left sometimes but have no idea what they do.  Feel free to just point me to some documentation somewhere.

Thanks very much,

Mark

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:00 AM

Answers

• Thanks!  I'm working on a Mac with a keyboard that has no 'Delete Forward' key.  I only have a 'Back Space' key, which works 99% of the time to do generic deletions.  It turns out that in the Cost Rate Table form I have to fake a 'Delete Forward' keypress in order to delete a row.

LIve and learn.

Mark

• Marked as answer by marknomark Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:13 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi mark,

its odd that you are unable to delete the row using the delete key, its working for me.

how many records do you have in your cost table? i tried with 3 records, and then select the middle one by clicking on the corner of the row (when you select the row will be highlighted), and simply press delete key.

if the above sequence of steps not working for you, then probably you can share any screen shot with us.

does this help?

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:18 AM
  • Hello Mark,

Just go to any cell in that row and press Delete key. It will delete entire row from the Cost Rate Table. Cross and Right signs are basically indicator of correct value/data type entered with respect to each field in the table.

Sapna S
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:34 AM
  • Thanks!  I'm working on a Mac with a keyboard that has no 'Delete Forward' key.  I only have a 'Back Space' key, which works 99% of the time to do generic deletions.  It turns out that in the Cost Rate Table form I have to fake a 'Delete Forward' keypress in order to delete a row.

LIve and learn.

Mark

• Marked as answer by marknomark Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:13 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:12 PM
  • Hi Marknomark,

Please provide more information when you post a query so that the answers provided could consider all the related factors, as of here the Mac details. Glad, that finally you found a solution.

Sapna S
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:49 PM