none
Export map to Excel dates issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created an export map exporting several dates fields.

the problem is that the format is not the same:

Finish date format was: dd-mm-yy

Finish1 date format was: mm-dd-yy

in MSP itself I see both formats the same (dd-mm-yy)

Please help.

Thank you, Yuval

Sunday, June 29, 2014 3:30 PM

Answers

• John,

I managed to solve this in the following way:

1. In the MSP options I changed the setting to 'allow loading files with legacy or non-default file formats.
    2. this enabled me to save my projects with the map to CSV file.
    3. In the CSV file the dates appear OK as I see them in the Project fields.

Thanks, Yuval

• Marked as answer by Yuval.p Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:38 AM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:38 AM

All replies

• Yuval,

I know you've posted before but for reference, which version of Project are you using? Which version of Office? Are they both updated with the latest service pack?

I just ran a quick test using Project 2010 Pro with SP2 and Office 2010 with SP2. I set my system default date to mm-dd-yy. The test dates in Project (Start, Date1, Finish1), all exported to Excel and appeared with the same default format, mm-dd-yy.

The first thing I suggest you check is your system default setting for date format. If that is already set as mm-dd-yy, then does the language default setting for Project match that for Excel?

Hope this helps.

John

Sunday, June 29, 2014 4:03 PM
  • Hi John,

I am using Project 2010, version 14.0.6023.1000

Office: 2010, version 14.0.7116.5000

my windows is set to dd-mm-yy

even if the MSP server is setup differently, how do I get some fields as dd-mm-yy and other dates as mm-dd-yy?

is there a way in the Map to define the output format?

also - I tried to export to csv, but got an error code.

Thanks, Yuval

Monday, June 30, 2014 6:15 AM
  • Yuval,

The version number your show for Project looks like it is not updated with SP2 and it should be. Although the version number you show for Office looks like it may be updated with SP2, you need to check. In both Project and Excel, go to File/Help. On the right side of the screen under find "additional version and copyright information". Click on that. If you do not see SP2 listed as part of the version number, then that application is not updated. All updates can be downloaded from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.

Until you can verify that everything is updated it is pointless to guess about a problem.

After verifying that both Project and Excel are fully updated, try exporting a new Project file into a new Excel file. Does the problem still occur?

John

Monday, June 30, 2014 2:39 PM
  • John,

I managed to solve this in the following way:

1. In the MSP options I changed the setting to 'allow loading files with legacy or non-default file formats.
    2. this enabled me to save my projects with the map to CSV file.
    3. In the CSV file the dates appear OK as I see them in the Project fields.

Thanks, Yuval

• Marked as answer by Yuval.p Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:38 AM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:38 AM
  • Yuval,

You're welcome, I'm glad you figured it out. In the future, when you post, please give us information regarding your Project version and level of update.

John

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 2:27 PM