none
Get-DPMCloudDatasource RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find out how much disk space each data source/recovery point is using in Azure Backup.

The DPM console and Azure Portal provide an aggregate of "Used Space", but I am looking to drill down.

Get-RecoveryPoint -online has zero for the size.

I was going to try Get-DPMCloudDatasource, but I cannot seem to get it to return anything and I am not really sure what it is for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, April 21, 2017 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not aware of any way to list the size for online recovery points.  I know they are working on some new management features for the Azure portal, but not sure if it includes more granular insight for protected data sources. I can ping the product group and see if we have anything planned that will help address that need.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 21, 2017 9:29 PM
  • What about per data source or even PG?
    Monday, April 24, 2017 4:28 PM
  • Hi,

The new central reporting feature being worked on should provide cloud storage consumption at the DPM and data source level.  The feature is still being developed so I don't really have a timeframe for when it will be available.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 5:11 PM
  • I am asking because the data in Azure is 20% greater than the data in the on prem DPM. In addition, I am not sending everything to Azure so it is actually greater than 20%. I am trying to find out why. Any advice?
    Tuesday, April 25, 2017 5:50 PM