One or more hard drives in Server Backup are not connected RRS feed

• Question

• A year ago I moved from Windows Home Server to Server Essentials 2012 as a backup solution for my simple home configuration - 2 Windows 7 Professional desktops.  It was a perfect solution and works flawlessly - and has saved my tail on numerous occasions.

The configuration is simple - I have a internal SSD drive from the operating system and a few other applications and (2) identical 4 Terabyte internal hard drives setup as a single storage pool - configured as a 2 way mirror.  Every few days when I log into the Windows Dashboard and check out the alert viewer, I have a single error - "One or more hard drives in Server Backup are not connected".  When I follow the instructions - open the dashboard, click storage, hard drives - I see a single C drive (which of course is connected - it runs the OS) and a single D drive - the storage pool.  Clicking on the D drive and "Advanced - Manage Storage Spaces" shows my single pool (a green OK) and the 2 physical drives (also a green OK).

There are no other drives attached to this server - no external USB drives, external hard drives - nothing.  Why is WSE showing this message?

Matt M

Monday, May 5, 2014 9:57 AM

All replies

• Go into the Server Backup Selections and reconfirm what is selected, then save.

If it persists, change the selection (remove a folder) and save, then go back in and correct it, then save.

Robert Pearman SBS MVP
    itauthority.co.uk | Title(Required)
    Facebook | Twitter | Linked in | Google+

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:30 PM
  • That was one of the first things I tried.  I've attached 2 screen shots that show my 3 drives, their connected status, and their green "Okay" status.  Also, the alert in question.

Matt M

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:13 PM