none
What happens to assigned tasks if I change the percent or dates in the project plan and republish RRS feed

• Question

• I have tasks that I have assigned to people that have put say 10% on percentage complete or maybe have tried to change dates in the my work section.  Then, I have gone in and actually updated the task to 90% complete and in some cases 100% complete due to some people being out.  When I publish the project, does it update the tasks in their my work section?  If not, what happens if they put something on the percentage complete when they come back that does not match mine....does it overlay what I did in the actual project? 

Cletus51

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:59 PM

All replies

• Cletus51 --

Tasks can be updated from two locations in Project Server:  from the Tasks page or Timesheet page in PWA, or in the actual Microsoft Project plan.  This means that if you manually update the task in Microsoft Project and then publish the project, your team member will see the latest updated information on the task in the Tasks page in PWA.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:25 PM