none
Resource utilization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can someone tell me that wht are the points to keep in mind before we can see resource utilization in portfolio analyzer???

I generally make the resource plan and than try to compare to proposals in resource utilization but it says it has no resources.

While defining properties of the portfolio i gave the value for "resource role custom field" as IT Skill. In my resource plan i have used 4 generic resources but still nothing comes in resource analysis.

Friday, June 3, 2011 9:09 AM

Answers

• hi,

Have you filled this "Resource Role custom field" for each generic resource and also define there maximum output,Then while doing resource plan

select From resource plan view and save it.

and while doing Portfolio analysis select time phase anaysis for resource and give Resource role custom field to anaysis.

Hope this will help ,let me know if.

Nur Mondal
    Friday, June 3, 2011 12:06 PM

All replies

• hi,

Have you filled this "Resource Role custom field" for each generic resource and also define there maximum output,Then while doing resource plan

select From resource plan view and save it.

and while doing Portfolio analysis select time phase anaysis for resource and give Resource role custom field to anaysis.

Hope this will help ,let me know if.

Nur Mondal
    Friday, June 3, 2011 12:06 PM
  • How did you get IT Skill as an option to choose in the resource role custom field?
    John F. DiFelice
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Hello,

you are missing one item there in addition to role:

in Resource Plan for project you need to change value in  the dropdown from Calulate from Project Plan to Calculate from Resource Plan 

to do so, Project Center > Select Project > Click on Resource Plan ->Resource Utilization Section on Ribbon - > Select Resource Plan  in dropdown.

After that this should work fine.

Best regards,

Anton Kravtsov

www.FluentPro.com

Friday, July 29, 2011 4:46 PM