How to change default behaviour for new icons in notification area. RRS feed

• Question

• Right now when newly installed program shows notification area icon the new icon behaviour is automatically set to "Only show notifications" How to change that so every new icon will be set to "Show icon and notifications" until I manually change it.
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Because of there is no Group Policy to manage this behavior, I doubt there is no method to achieve your requirement. Actually, based on my research, I doesn't find a solution either.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 2:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For this problem, you can access to another thread below for more solutions:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/53a017f9-dd46-4507-9d39-0c16868d4878/set-always-show-all-icons-and-notifications-on-the-taskbar-via-group-policy?forum=winserverGP

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 10, 2015 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

For this problem, you can access to another thread below for more solutions:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/53a017f9-dd46-4507-9d39-0c16868d4878/set-always-show-all-icons-and-notifications-on-the-taskbar-via-group-policy?forum=winserverGP

I don't want to always show all icons. I just want new icons set to "Show icon and notification" instead of "Only show notifications" until I change it.
    Saturday, July 11, 2015 1:22 AM
  • Hi,

Because of there is no Group Policy to manage this behavior, I doubt there is no method to achieve your requirement. Actually, based on my research, I doesn't find a solution either.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 2:28 AM