Private Cloud Evaluation Guide - Creating the "Create Private Cloud runbook" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using the Private Cloud Evaluation Guide. I was able to setup successfully the infra. Now comes with 1st deployment of a runbook, to create and test "Create Private Cloud Runbook". From the guide, i was able to follow the steps accurately. But unfortunately, when running the "Runbook Tester", it always got an error from the "Update User Role Property" activity. The message says that "PowerShell command returned an exception. Could not find cloud with CloudName='XYZ'. I've ran through with it carefully, i can see that the data from the previous Activity, which is the "Create User Role", was there. Its just that when "Update User Role Property" runs, it somehow couldn't update it. From the VMM, i could see that the "XYS_SelfServiceUser" was created. But no XYZ cloud was ever created.

If someone have gone through with this evaluation guide, please help to share your experience how you managed to follow through with the steps. I'm currently stuck with this and i don't like to continue with the rest of the steps w/o solving this problem first. 

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Milramz

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:45 AM

All replies

• I too have this problem exactly and have spent more time then I would have liked on it. Just to get past it I created the cloud manually and then tested the runbook and it worked. I will look at the scripting syntax when I get a chance because that may be where the cloud creation failed.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:09 PM
  • mee tooo  i have the same problem can anyone provide the solution plz.............
    Monday, December 2, 2013 8:16 PM
  • Hi,

I've this problem as well,

I've tested all the runbook, but I haven't found anything wrong

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:34 PM
  • I've tested your solution and created the cloud manually and it worked for me too.

Does everyone know what is the problem?

In which part of runbook the cloud is supposed to be built? 

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:21 AM