File sorting behavior in Windows 7 - can it be turned off? RRS feed

• Question

• I have noticed that whatever folder I used last is automatically put on top of the list of files in in my library. Hate that.  I remember my files by name, not by last use. I also notice that if I sort by date in one folder, sorting by date is applied to all folders and not just the one I'm in. Hate that, too. Always haviing to resort is a pain. Is there any way to turn this "feature" off so that things stay sorted the way you last left them like they do in XP and Vista? Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

Is this situation happens to all the folders or only My Library?

1. If all folders face this problem, please try to create a new user account as an administrator, then check if the issue still exits.

2. If only My Library has the issue, I recommend you Delete this Library and Create a new one.

Hope it can help you!

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, August 19, 2010 8:45 AM
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:04 AM