none
Setting up "shared services" RRS feed

• Question

• We're a large organization (MS shop  - Windows AD 2008r2, Exchange 2013 etc.) that are offering IT "shared services" to a number of smaller agencies on our inhouse IT infrastructure.  The first of these is for an agency that already exists as part of our/the larger organisation, and will be going out on their own as a separate entity and running on our IT infrastructure.

To do this we've created them their own OU and GPOs moved them here and set up a new email domain in Ex2013 and updated staff’s primary SMTP (with the new domain) and this is working as expected.  We are also reviewing memberships of AD groups and permissions to Ex2013 to ensure that staff in the new group only have access to their own objects, and vice versa, they don't have access to our data. Other tasks we have listed:

• Separate Address lists  in Outlook
    • Build new File server(s) and migrate data.
    • Update internal Mgmt and Automation tools for new entity

What are the other considerations we should be aware of? I'd be really keen to hear from anyone that has done this or similar on their inhouse IT. Maybe i need to work on my Google-fu as I've not been able to find much on the web!

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by sslondon Friday, July 7, 2017 1:51 AM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 1:49 AM