none
Project server 2013 - Unable to Change 'Owner' in Project Details Page after Oct 15 CU upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We have updated our Project server 2013 farm with Oct'15 CU(https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3085489)

The upgrade is successful.

But business users have discovered an issue post CU upgrade.

Issue is -

Users are trying to edit/update 'Owner' in the Project details page. and they are not able to do it.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 2:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

yes, I think this behaviour was included in CU October or earlier. This issue had been active for a few days in Project Online and I saw this happening with CU October applied. But on these environments, CU October was the first patch applied after a few months - so it may be have been introduced in a previous one. But the good news: I can't reproduce with CU December.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by Vyas Anitha Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:55 PM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I know an issue: it is possible to change owner, however, this change is not kept after saving. If this is your issue, ask users to change owner and an additional field at the same time, save, and change value of additional field back again.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Monday, December 28, 2015 8:40 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thank you for the reply. Your suggestion worked like charm!!!

Due to think, this issue might have started after our farm was upgraded to OCT 15 CU(https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3085489) .?? User didn't face this issue prior to the upgrade..

Thanks,

Anitha vyas

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:22 AM
  • Hi,

yes, I think this behaviour was included in CU October or earlier. This issue had been active for a few days in Project Online and I saw this happening with CU October applied. But on these environments, CU October was the first patch applied after a few months - so it may be have been introduced in a previous one. But the good news: I can't reproduce with CU December.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Vyas Anitha Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:55 PM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:58 AM