none
Strange Issue with EWS Connectivity Tests for Exchange Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to be having issues with configuring EWS within an Exchange 2007 server. When using the "Exchange Web Services synchronization, notification, availability, and Automatic Replies.", I've set the SSL ignored option to be on as I don't have access to a third-party signed certificate.

In specifying my domain credentials and the EWS URL, I seem to be able to pass the first two tests but am failing at "Items are being created and deleted in a test folder to confirm notification events." with the errors:

Test Steps

Getting subscription events and confirming that the expected events exist.
    Events couldn't be retrieved or confirmed.

Additional Details:

ErrorAccessDenied: Unable to subscribe. Check permissions.

In checking the Event Manager, I'm not able to really find anything useful as there's no errors or warnings. The additional details of the test doesn't provide much to go by either hence, I'm not sure whether there's something I'm missing within my configurations in regards to permissions, or if there's something to do with me using a self-signed certificate. Would anyone be able to perhaps give me pointers on where I can start looking please?

Monday, February 5, 2018 5:15 AM

All replies

• Exchange 2007 reached end of life on April 11th 2017. What’s your plan to move?

aka.ms/vbl1ys

I'm shocked that you would allow your Exchange to be published to the Internet without the use of SSL. Seriously, buy a third-party certificate and do it the right way.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:29 AM
  • Hello Ed,

I'm well aware that 2007 is at End-of-Life but due to current circumstances, I can't really migrate just yet. In any instance, I've considered the SSL certificate for production purposes but for the time being, this is a lab environment which I'm testing things.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 1:29 AM