none
Status of Summary Task = Late but All tasks are Current! How to fix?? RRS feed

• Question

• Why won't my summary task show some percentage completed and "On Schedule"?  I have tried tweaking so many variables but have not yet landed on the right one.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thank you!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:12 PM

Answers

• All of the subtasks are milestones.  In such case, Project cannot calculate a % complete for the summary.  Therefore it uses 0/100 method.  When you set "Future Task" to 100% complete, then the summary tasks will change to 100%.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:51 PM
  • In the Project ribbon, check your Status Date.  If the Status Date is earlier than the Planned Start, the task Status will be Future Task.

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:38 PM

All replies

• All of the subtasks are milestones.  In such case, Project cannot calculate a % complete for the summary.  Therefore it uses 0/100 method.  When you set "Future Task" to 100% complete, then the summary tasks will change to 100%.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:51 PM
  • Reid, thank you so much.  I get it, and thanks!

Could you help me with one more issue, please?  Then I'll mark your replies as answered; just don't want this whole thread to look answered before I ask this one last thing:

Orange highlights below are summary rows and blue are regular task rows.  In this schedule, I see "Future Task" for tasks that are already partially completed!  Have you a fix for this, perhaps?

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:15 PM
  • In the Project ribbon, check your Status Date.  If the Status Date is earlier than the Planned Start, the task Status will be Future Task.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:38 PM
  • Yes, updating the status date fixed this issue.  I thank you so much!
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 1:27 PM