Forwarding mail to external user with original headers RRS feed

• Question

• We have one issue with forwarding emails:

We needs to forward specific mails to an external email address but we need the original sender in the header. We need to get the messages with the original from line to be able to answer to an email. For example:

usuario@domain.com send and email to receipt@domain.com. A rule forward the emails received in receipt@domain.com to external@domain.com, but we need the original user is in the from (usuario@domain.com)

I only have forward option in my rules, no redirect like I am reading in other posts.

how can I get the redirect option? (office 365)

another way to do it

Can anybody help me?

Kind regards,

• Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, April 29, 2019 3:10 AM
    Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi IreneSolino,

As far as I know, "redirect it to people or public group" option is only available for Exchange accounts and emails can only be auto-forwarded to internal users.

If you cannot find this option, I'd afraid you may use IMAP or POP accounts.

To check the account type, please go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.

In this case, we can choose to forward as an attachment as a workaround. Users can double click to open the email attachment and reply or forward it to original senders.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, April 29, 2019 3:20 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:16 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 3:09 AM
  • Hi IreneSolino,

I'm wondering if the workaround above works for you.

If you have more concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 6:19 AM
  • Hi IreneSolino,

I'm writing to see if the information above is helpful.

If yes, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:10 AM
  • Do you use on-premise Exchange server or Exchange online?
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:53 PM