none
DVD Drive RRS feed

• Question

• I attempted to install some software using a CD in my DVD Drive.  The drive failed to read the CD.  When the drive ejected, the tray was empty, and the CD was gone.  Q1: How do I get the CD back?  How do I get the drive to work again?

When I close the tray and click on the D Drive, the heading marked "This PC" starts turning green, and the green continues to spread, as if the drive is reading something.   But the heading never completely finishes, even after an extended period of time.  This seems to be part of the problem.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 1:44 AM

All replies

•   Q1: How do I get the CD back?  How do I get the drive to work again?

Hi,

I'm afraid your question is vague. What do you mean by "get the CD back" and by "get the drive to work again"?
    Please explain your question with using other words.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

Seems that CD is jammed somewhere inside your machine, if you are using laptop, you can remove the optical drive to get your CD.

As I known, the CD can be read correctly if it is placed on tray. According to your description, the tray is empty, the CD can't be read correctly.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any problems, please let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:08 AM