none
Several (sub)totals are not adding up correctly in project server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We are experiencing several problems which may be related, but we're in the dark as we can't find the root cause of these problems. We use Project Server 2010 with enterprise resources which are allocated on several projects. Users update actual/planned hours through timesheets (via PWA). We are using this for two months now, started freshly in PS2010 with Project Proffesional Client (not upgraded from 2007)

Here's a summary of our issues
    1. From Project Prof client the totals in "Other projects and commitments" add up wrong. There are numbers there, in the beginning they were correct but not anymore. We don't use local resources, never have (as we saw multiple posts indicating this as a problem).
    2. From PWA we see a difference in "Resource availabillity" and "Resource assignments": assigned hours for a resource are missing in "Resource avalilability"
    3. Some userdata is blanked or changed when hours are entered through PWA timesheets: when saving the sheet, actuals are changed.

The only error the ULS reveals is a well known "90hv    Unexpected    Detected use of SPRequest for previously closed  SPWeb object" which doesn't bring us any further. We've never done any tricky sql updates.

Can anyone point us in the right direction ?

Jos

Monday, June 3, 2013 10:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• With regard to issue number one, This is a persistent issue that Microsoft has told me it has resolved, however I do not see that it has been. Even still, you should install the latest updates for Project 2010. The only way I know of to get the numbers to calculate correctly is to open all of the plans.

With regard to two and three, you need to be much more specific.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, June 7, 2013 10:01 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Thanks for your answer. We're a lot further now after installing the project server CU. Now trying to get some hotfixes on the Project Proffesional client in order to resolve the wrong calculations. Your experience on opening all the plans doesn't make us very hopeful. The whole point of "Other projects and commitments" included in the client is to not open all the projects separately isn't it.

With respect to issue 3 we experience the same as in http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/324aba25-65be-422b-abd9-3974c4db3a96 I see you also replied something there.

Regards Jos

Monday, June 10, 2013 2:17 PM
  • After applying hotfix on project client most of the totals are correct now. Thanks for the help.

Jos

Jos

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:12 PM