Folder Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• RE OL 2013 I attempt to move a message from one folder to another.  I folder I am attempting to move from is associated with an IMAP email account.  I get the following error.  Right clicking on this folder gives no permission information.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean some folders are invisible on the web mail? Have you tried manually updating folders via Send/Receive > Update Folders and then check the result?

According to my research, this error occurs when root folder path was set incorrectly for IMAP account. To check this, please go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings. Double click your IMAP account and then choose More Settings. Under Advanced tab, type "Inbox" in the Root Folder Path.

If issue persists, we could recreate data files to see if it could be fixed. Please refer to the details in this link.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, May 11, 2018 4:46 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 14, 2018 7:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by wwolfe01 Monday, May 14, 2018 11:26 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 4:40 AM

All replies

• I also observed that the gmail account under OL has folders that do not show up when I log into gmail.
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:24 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean some folders are invisible on the web mail? Have you tried manually updating folders via Send/Receive > Update Folders and then check the result?

According to my research, this error occurs when root folder path was set incorrectly for IMAP account. To check this, please go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings. Double click your IMAP account and then choose More Settings. Under Advanced tab, type "Inbox" in the Root Folder Path.

If issue persists, we could recreate data files to see if it could be fixed. Please refer to the details in this link.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, May 11, 2018 4:46 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 14, 2018 7:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by wwolfe01 Monday, May 14, 2018 11:26 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 4:40 AM