none
Windows sleep mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! A trouble I have with Windows 7 , I can't put it in sleep mode anymore , won't go to sleep and I have a blank screen . If someone can help me  it would be an annoyance off my shoulder . My thanks to who ever answer me .
    Monday, February 20, 2017 7:03 PM

All replies

• To resolve your problem, start by making sure that you have the most current drivers for all your hardware devices,especially your graphic card driver.

Visit the website of the graphic card  manufacturer to download and install the latest driver which will be compatible with your graphic card and OS.

Kindly go through the following Microsoft article for more help and support:

Windows 7 does not go to sleep

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 12:04 AM
  • Hi Canibale,

“won't go to sleep and I have a blank screen”
    What is the exact symptom?
    Do you mean when you want to wake from sleep mode, your device will experience a blank screen?

Please offer us more details about the symptom.
    Open an administrator command line and run “powercfg /energy” to get an energy report for more information to troubleshoot this issue.

For a power issue, we could run the built-in troubleshooting tool to have a diagnostic.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Power

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 8:44 AM