none
Can not unlock Bitlocker with Recovery key RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Please help me I can't unlock Bitlocker with my Recovery key. When I enter I got the issue:

"Digit group 8 contains an error bitlocker"

Many thanks

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Charlie,

Please check your recovery key,  it seems that you have entered an incorrect key.

You can refer the link below to find your BitLocker recovery key.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key

Best regard,

Sylvia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:43 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best regard,

Sylvia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 4:34 AM
  • There is a built-in "check" in the number: all digit group need to be divisible by 11, so your "block 8" (the last 6 numbers) obviously ain't. You must have mistyped it.
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 7:38 PM