Shared Line Appearances not working correctly - on-prem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have recently enabled SLA following the following articles:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/enterprise-voice-solution/shared-line-appearance

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-enterprise-voice/deploy-shared-line-appearance

Unfortunately I have been unable to get this to function correctly.  I have updated the deployment (Standard edition) to the latest CU from July 2018.  I am testing on both a Polycom VVX 600 and a Yealink T46S.  Both handsets appear to be supported for SLA.  I have setup the SLA user, set the BusyOnBusy feature, and enabled use of 3 lines.  Both handsets show the 3 SLA buttons.  When making a test call to the SLA, the call shows that it is for the SLA user like a regular delegate.  It does not show status on the SLA for any handset that is a delegate.  When placing the call on hold, it is not able to be answered by other delegates in the SLA nor is the call ever reflected on the SLA.

Is there a simple extra step that I am missing?

Thank you!

Friday, September 21, 2018 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt Waymack,

About this issue, I suggest you could try to check the following:
    1. Check whether all the SFB services in the SFB Server are running.
    2. Check whether assign Enterprise voice for both the SLA group and the users added to the group.

In addition, you could refer to the following blog to check the steps of Setup Shared Line Appearance in Skype for Business Server 2015:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dodeitte/2015/11/29/how-to-setup-shared-line-appearance-in-skype-for-business-server-2015/ 

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Monday, September 24, 2018 6:04 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestion.  All services are running, the server has been rebooted, and we have installed the latest CU available.  The users are all Enterprise Voice enabled along with the SLA user.  The link you provided is ultimately the same as the technet articles referenced in my original post.  Additionally, the post you have linked references those same technet articles.
    Monday, September 24, 2018 3:17 PM
  • Hi Matt Waymack,

Yes, it is the similar article as your original post, as there’re only few steps to setup shared line appearance in SFB Server 2015, I post this link in order to let you double check all the steps you have done.

If all the steps you have done, please check whether there’re any Event error in the FE servers when you make the test call. 
    In addition, please check the firmware version of the Polycom VVX 600 and a Yealink T46S, if possible, please try to update the version to the latest one.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:03 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Matt Waymack Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:29 AM
  • There are no errors.  Both models are on the latest firmware that was available last week: 66.9.0.45 for the T46s and 5.7.0.14430 for the VVX 600.  I also have checked the event viewer, and there are no errors or warning logged, even when making a test call and attempting to hold, or interact with the SLA.  I am confused as to why this is not working.
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:13 PM