none
Summary Task Duration Field Isn't Read-only in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using Project Server 2013 and master projects with a number of subprojects. When a master project is opened, the duration field  of the summary tasks in the subprojects isn't read-only and can be changed.

I would appreciate any suggestion how to make them read-only, as duration shouldn't be changed by the user.

Thanks a lot for the help and Regards,

Julia

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:01 PM

All replies

• Hello Julia,

I've not got experience with 2013, but in 2010, you'd see this behaviour if the tasks were "Manually Schedule". If you drop in the "Task Mode" column into the Gantt view there is a dropdown with different icons for "Auto Scheduled" and "Manually Scheduled". If the summary tasks are manually scheduled, the summary task dates will be editable.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:08 AM
  • HI,

Thanks for the answer. Actually all tasks are set to "Auto Scheduled". I tried to find a way to fix the task type so that it can't be changed to "Manually Scheduled" as a workaround, but I haven't succeeded so far.

Any other suggestions are welcome,

Regards,

JUlia

Thursday, August 8, 2013 6:06 AM
  • Hi Julia,

Never noticed that but indeed when you edit duration of a summary task, task mode is automatically reset to manually scheduled. When then you reset it to automatically scheduled yourself, duration is reset as well. So there will never be any automatically scheduled task with a duration different from Scheduled duration (which cannot be edited).

To achieve what you want, I think the only way is an event-driven VBA procedure that resets all manually scheduled tasks to automatically scheduled.

Greetings,

Thursday, August 8, 2013 7:08 AM