none
Error 0x80042405-0xA001B on Media Creation tool 1903 RRS feed

• Question

• I get Error 0x80042405-0xA001B when I try using Media creation tool 1903 to USB

There is nothing wrong with my USB sticks - I have tried several with the same result

I need a way of creating a back up OS - And this fails repeatedly

Why - and what is the solution ?

Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Steeboo, 

Try to format the USB external drive and download Windows 10 image again from Microsoft website. 

Also, I found a similar thread Media Creation Tool Error 0x80042405 0xA001B , I think it might be useful for you. We could go to the 5 page directly and refer to Robbieboi78's measure. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 31, 2019 2:53 AM
  • Hi Steeboo, 

Any update?

Bests, 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 3, 2019 1:45 AM
  • Hi Steeboo,

I had your same problem. I tried many time and ways and  finally I solved it.

Try to download both versions (32/64bit) and to turn off your anti-virus. In my case, I have Avira, and it blocked the process in the last phase. 

Hope you solve the Problem

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 7:13 AM
  • Hi Steeboo,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 

I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

Thursday, June 6, 2019 1:45 AM