RSAT - Connecting to Client Domains RRS feed

• General discussion

• Good Morning All,

I am looking for a bit of help here. I am trying to speed things up when connecting to my various client domains to manage their AD/DNS/DHCP etc. I am now running the RSAT Tools on Windows 8 and this works well for managing the internal company domain. However I am often out on the road at various clients and need to manage their domains as well. 

I can run the following command which works well and I can browse my clients ADUC snap-in.

runas /netonly /user:domain\AdministratorUserName "mmc.exe dsa.msc /server=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

This works great.

Then I thought how great would it be if I could make reference to Server Manager to access all of the RSAT Tools for my cleint domain and I  ended up with this:

runas /netonly /user:Domain\AdministratorUserName "servermanager.exe /server=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

This works great, I can manage DHCP, DNS etc but ADUC DSA consoles do not work, i receive the following message:

All the other tools I need work just fine, i cant see it as being any files being registered as I know it works fine when calling it through the MMC Snap-in from the above commands. Am I missing anything here? 

Thanks!

Michael

• Changed type Andy Qi Wednesday, October 9, 2013 5:38 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:29 AM