Quest Extensions and SCOM/MOM MPs for Quest Base Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know whether you have to pay for a license for the Quest Extension Framework which is needed to run Quest Extensions. When you click the link you see you can download a trial, but what does a license cos? Is it free? I hear different things from people so I am kind of confused here. Also Quest itself is not giving me a quick clear answer?!

Regards,

Chris

• Edited by Chrisszs Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:36 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 8:48 AM

Answers

•  

I got info from Quest sales about this:

https://shop.quest.com/682/purl-quest-management-pack?x-AdCode=cbShopLCQuestManagementPack

Quest Management Xtensions - Operations Manager 2007
    Extend Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) to over 250 non-Windows platforms such as: Blackberry, VMWare, Oracle & Red Hat. Unit priced per managed node.

• Operations Manager 2007 € 377,23

It means you get one monitored node license for an extension –any extension. So if you want to monitor 100 unix nodes, then you would order Quantity 100. The price is set at €377.23 ; or as listed, meaning sometimes an extension may be offered at a different rate, due to being new, or a promotion. That will be listed on the website, if available.

You don't pay for the QMX framework.

• Marked as answer by Chrisszs Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:18 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:14 PM

All replies

• If you click the link for the Online shop you can see the prices:

Extend Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) to over 250 non-Windows platforms such as: Blackberry, VMWare, Oracle & Red Hat. Unit priced per managed node.

• Quest Management Pack for AS400 € 2.703,68
    • Quest Management Pack for z/OS € 5.408,55
    • QMX - Blackberry Edition € 540,26
    • QMX - Cisco Edition € 160,65

https://shop.quest.com/682/purl-quest-management-pack?x-AdCode=cbShopLCQuestManagementPack

• Marked as answer by Chrisszs Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:46 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Chrisszs Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:11 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:35 AM
  •  

I got info from Quest sales about this:

It means you get one monitored node license for an extension –any extension. So if you want to monitor 100 unix nodes, then you would order Quantity 100. The price is set at €377.23 ; or as listed, meaning sometimes an extension may be offered at a different rate, due to being new, or a promotion. That will be listed on the website, if available.

You don't pay for the QMX framework.

• Marked as answer by Chrisszs Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:18 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:14 PM
  • Hi,

Very glad to hear the issue resolved. Also, if you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know and we are happy to be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:58 AM