Office 2013 Email RRS feed

• Question

• I can successfully send emails but am not receiving them.  This has just started for no reason.  I have checked my settings  
    Monday, February 6, 2017 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What type of email account do you use (POP, IMAP, MAPI or Exchange)?

Any error message or code received when you click the "Send/Receive" button in Outlook? Have you ever made any changes to your environment (including the network, Windows system, Office installation) recently?

There are several likely causes to investigate. First, please check on the web-based email portal and see if you can find the emails. This will help to determine whether the issue is on the client side or the mail server side.

If it turns out that the issue is on the client side, check the following items to narrow down the issue:

1. Some ISP might block a specific port number for security reasons. Check with your email service provider for an alternate setting, then try it again.
    2. Or switch to a different network connection, try it again.
    3. Depending on the type of your email account, try to repair your Outlook data file or create a new Outlook profile, the verify result again: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

Please feel free to post back with any findings.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:19 AM
  • How do you set email account to Outlook? Via IMAP or POP3.
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:46 PM
  • Any updates? How is it going on now?

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:19 AM