locked
Applications Stuck at 0% Downloading in Software Center RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm currently utilizing a SCCM 2012 R2 environment with roughly 100 Distribution Points.  The problem I'm running into is that random Applications will get stuck at 0% downloading at a location for all client PCs.  This same application will have no problem at a different location using a different DP.  The only remediation I could find was to redistribute the application to the specific DP.  Once this is done, the application downloads and installs without a problem.

    What is frustrating is the fact that this appears to be happening to random applications.  It's never for an application in which all distribution points need to redistribute, it's always one single DP.  It also appears to be happening for random DPs, it hasn't been the same DP ever.

    Any suggestions would be extremely helpful, and I could provide additional information if need be.

    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:43 PM

Answers

  • Thanks for the response Daniel.  I did take a look at these other postings, however they didn't really apply specifically to the issue I am experiencing.

    The Distribution Point doesn't have issues with all software, just one package or application.  It's almost like the the files for the package/application became corrupt.  Once I redistribute the package/application, it works without issue.

    For example, other required applications/packages will download and install without a problem, but the one specific package/application gets hung at 0% downloading.

    Also, its worth noting that the same application/package will work perfectly fine at a different site using a different distribution point.

    Any other options I could look into?

    Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:28 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I found several similar threads in this forum. And many reasons are causing the same symptom. Such as IIS permission on specific folder, device moving from a collection to another.

    Software Center stuck on Downloading (0% complete) when trying to install an application

    SCCM 2012 R2 Stuck at "Downloading (0% Complete)

    Programmatically Deployed TaskSequence getting Stuck in Software Center at Downloading(0%) of Resource.

    In addition, logs are always helpful to the troubleshooting.

    distmgr.log

    Records details about package creation, compression, delta replication, and information updates.

    execmgr.log

    Records details about packages and task sequences that run on the client.

    Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:52 AM
  • Thanks for the response Daniel.  I did take a look at these other postings, however they didn't really apply specifically to the issue I am experiencing.

    The Distribution Point doesn't have issues with all software, just one package or application.  It's almost like the the files for the package/application became corrupt.  Once I redistribute the package/application, it works without issue.

    For example, other required applications/packages will download and install without a problem, but the one specific package/application gets hung at 0% downloading.

    Also, its worth noting that the same application/package will work perfectly fine at a different site using a different distribution point.

    Any other options I could look into?

    Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Monday, November 10, 2014 4:39 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Damion Zale Monday, November 10, 2014 1:37 PM
    Friday, October 24, 2014 10:02 AM
  • Unfortunately, the suggestion by Venu was not the issue.  I have still not been able to find the root of the problem as it happens sporadically.

    Again, please keep in mind it happens for one application, so if there are multiple applications that need to download/install, some will install without issue and another will get stuck at 0%.  The whole DP is not the issue, is there any other specific logs or settings I can check?

    Monday, November 10, 2014 1:40 PM
  • Did you get to the bottom of this?

    Sounds like AV exclusions or lack thereof

    Sunday, January 11, 2015 9:58 AM
  • Hi everyone, finally got my applications downloading and installing like a breeze after few days on finding what causing the issue.

    This solution suggestion might not be useful to everyone but worth a try.

    Found out that my SCCM Content Library was built into wrong drive (E:) instead of my C: of the SCCM server, E: was a removal drive which isno longer connected to my Host machine (using Vmware lab) so there is no way client machines able to pull these from DP.

    I have no clue why the SCCM Content Library and other related folders were corrected into wrong drive. So I looked for places where these config came from. First tool I have used is the ContentLibrary transfer tool from MS. The process shoud be straightforward but take extra pre-caution when using. After the process you can verifyfrom Registry that your SCCM is now on correct drive.

    Due to my misery I have to start my SCCM lab from scratch just to ensure I got this correct this time and no external drives are connected during install process.  

    Sunday, January 8, 2017 11:14 PM
  • As a note here, ConfigMgr usually chooses the local volume with the largest amount of space on it to place things like the content library. Thus, during installation, you probably had a large removal drive connected.

    Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

    Monday, January 9, 2017 4:59 PM