none
Help, URL rewrite going through UAG RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a pair of UAG servers that have a website published through them.  The website is hosted on iisserverA, the website owners are now moving to a new upgraded host which is iisserverB, the problem I have is that when I go into the UAG Management and edit the trunk settings and replace all entries from iisserverA to iiserverB I'm getting a werid URL rewrite occurring.

Currently if I browse directly to either of the internal webservers i.e. iisserverA or iisserverB everything works as expected, if I browse to the external website whilst the UAG is pointing to iisserverA everything works as expected, it's only once I change the trunk settings and point it to the new server iisserverB and then browse to the external website I start seeing weird URL rewrites.  When I say rewrite the UAG seems to put part of the internal webservers name into the URL i.e. http://my.website.comserverB/login.aspx/whatever

As you can see by my example for some reason it's adding part of the FQDN of the internal webserver's address into the URL path after.com.  I suppose saying that it's rewritting is not accurate as it's actually adding text into the URL.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, August 13, 2012 1:57 PM

Answers

• Good suggestion Shashanka, however I've managed to fix it myself.  The website had some custom URL rewrites that were located in a XML file, I was editing the wrong XML file on the UAG servers. 
    • Marked as answer by MarkieSA Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:57 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:57 PM

All replies

• Have you created a new application under the trunk or do you use the same application?

If you are using the same Application , try creating new one and check how it works

Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:04 AM
  • Good suggestion Shashanka, however I've managed to fix it myself.  The website had some custom URL rewrites that were located in a XML file, I was editing the wrong XML file on the UAG servers. 
    • Marked as answer by MarkieSA Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:57 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:57 PM