none
Microsoft Project Server 2010: MSP_TIMEPHASED_DATA database is blank RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to use this table in published database (project server 2010), but this table is blank. I can't use Reporting Database and tables belong it.

please help me. I can only use this table for My reports.

Abbas Golestani

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I want to use this table in published database (project server 2010), but this table is blank. I can't use Reporting Database and tables belong it.

please help me. I can only use this table for My reports.

Abbas Golestani

Monday, April 23, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

Reporting from the Published Database is not supported, due to your queries potentially could lock the database tables and impact the performance of Project Server. What information are you trying to get for your report exactly. If it's timephased task or timesheet info, it should be in the reporting db.

Let us know what your after and we can point you in the right direction.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:05 AM
  • I want to build report about actual work, Work, etc of our projects in months or periods of time, but Our Reporting database has a lot of error that I can't correct them. also it's very critical and should built very soon, for example I want know result of  Actual Work / attendence per resource and per month.

please help me.

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:40 AM
  • ????????
    Monday, April 23, 2012 3:02 PM
  • Alex is correct. Microsoft does not support reports out of any other database other than Reporting.

May be if you could tell us more about your reporting database issues we could help you to fix those errors.

Sorry for interrupting the thread in the middle.

Hrishi Deshpande – DeltaBahn Senior Consultant
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, April 23, 2012 3:29 PM
  • I have this error for most of our projects and I can't restore this projects, because the number of that is high.

ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed (24006)

Monday, April 23, 2012 4:00 PM
  • What happens if you create and publish new project plan.

Also try to re-save any Lookup table or Custom field ( Edit and without making any change just click on save)

Navigate to Manage queue and add "Success" under "Job completion states"

Look for jobs related to Reporting

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, April 23, 2012 6:22 PM
  • In My organization we have a lot of projects that has this error and I can't do that. and I re-saved any Lookup table or Custom field, but unfortunately it was not working.

please give me another solution and the detailed error is blow:

• Reporting message processor failed:
      • ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed (24006) - The INSERT statement
        conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint
        "FK_MSP_EpmTaskBaseline_ProjectUID_TaskUID". The conflict occurred in database
        "ProjectServer_Reporting", table "dbo.MSP_EpmTask". The statement has been
        terminated.. Details: id='24006' name='ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed'
        uid='f53beb3b-b167-4733-9a20-e1f1687b649a' QueueMessageBody='Project
        UID='dd759f9d-e94b-4791-9a44-8a2369da4379'. PublishType='ProjectPublish''
        Error='The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint
        terminated.'.
        uid='d1854f4f-2f2e-453f-9774-eb2d95e79c9f' QueueMessageBody='Project
        terminated.'.
        uid='1ecc3bbf-1c7f-42eb-aacd-dff8ae08bcf1' QueueMessageBody='Project
        terminated.'.
        uid='dd1597b0-a375-4170-b899-deebee986ae6' QueueMessageBody='Project
        terminated.'.
        uid='d2a7546e-f83c-475a-aadb-38d27e3e9936' QueueMessageBody='Project
        terminated.'.
        uid='90bd2592-ec9a-4d08-818c-e4ba528ae3a0' QueueMessageBody='Project
        terminated.'.
    • Queue:
      • GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) -
        ReportingProjectPublish.ReportProjectPublishMessageEx. Details:
        id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed'
        uid='066ea433-4da6-45e8-a361-25c6e24cd611'
        JobUID='f5d640d3-fa02-4d9e-b89a-2e8f4348a954' ComputerName='SHPNT2010'
        GroupType='ReportingProjectPublish' MessageType='ReportProjectPublishMessageEx'
        MessageId='1' Stage=''. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine
        SHPNT2010 for entries with JobUID
        f5d640d3-fa02-4d9e-b89a-2e8f4348a954.
    <input accessKey="o" class="ms-ButtonHeightWidth" id="ctl00_ctl00_OkButton" name="ctl00$ctl00$OkButton" type="button" value="Copy to Clipboard" /> <input accessKey="c" class="ms-ButtonHeightWidth" id="CancelButton" type="button" value="Close" />
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:24 AM
  • Hello Abbas,

I was anticipating above error message. Above error message and behavior shows that your reporting database is out sync.

You can't ignore this message and since Reporting database is equally important as other 3 databases for healthy Project server functioning

Since this issue is not project specific , we need perform RDB refresh  to fix Reporting database.

To do that take administrative backup of Enterprise Custom fields and perform administrative restore of Enterprise custom fields.

Remember, RDB refresh is a time consuming process. Once job is initiated you should not cancel it. Depending on projects, resources, views etc RDB refresh will take time to complete.

Status of the RDB refresh will remain in sleeping mode until are jobs are completed. If you add "Success" for job completion states you can see other jobs like Resource sync, Custom Field Metadata Sync etc.

Before initiating RDB refresh make sure there  are no jobs waiting to be processed , processing in Project Server queue. Inform users not to publish or initiate any update function (not mandatory though). Take backup of Project Databases just to be at safer side.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:49 AM
  • hi

please say me, how can I do that step by step?

thanks

Saturday, April 28, 2012 4:35 AM
  • a. From SharePoint Central admin first take full farm backup

b. Take SQL DB backup of 4 Project DB's and content DB

c. Navigate to PWA site>>Server Settings  and go to Manage Queue jobs page, verify there are no pending jobs

d. Once again navigate to Server Settings and select Administrative backup

e. Select "Enterprise Custom fields" and click on backup

f. From server settings page select administrative restore

g. select Enterprise Custom fields  and click on restore

h. navigate to Manage queue job and monitor all jobs

i. Don’t get alarmed if you see thousands of jobs, depending on number of custom fields, resources , views , projects lot of jobs will be created and processed

Wait until all jobs are finished sucessfully

To verify completed jobs from manage queue add "Success" from job completion states and refresh status.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:11 AM
  • Hi

In step "e" I think do not happen any job, because when I want to restore, there is a blank page.

what can I do?

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:08 AM
  • Hi There--

Sorry for falling in the thread but what you see is correct. When you select the Enterprise custom fields to restore. It doesn't have option to select any fields like the project restore. Once you select the Enterprise custom fields from drop downlist & click on Restore, It will trigger the restore jobs & sync the Reporting database with Published database but just to make sure the sync may take few minutes to hours based on the size of the databases and the performance of the system.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

I've tried that ,but that's not working and I have this error now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please help me.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:05 AM
  • Hi Abbas,

what error are you getting now?

Abbas and Hrishi are correct, you will need to rebuild your Reporting DB as described. But I think you will still get the error "The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_MSP_EpmTaskBaseline_ProjectUID_TaskUID". " when doing so. To solve this, you need first to follow Brian's advice as described in http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2012/05/01/project-server-2010-orphan-baselines-breaking-the-reporting-publish.aspx. Pay attention to his WARNING section.

After completing these setps, try to publish a project. I assume you will not have this error any more and can start rebuilding your Reporting DB as described above. One note to point i: Most of the time you will see one job "Waiting", since a lot of jobs are started in the background and completing quite fast, that you will not see them in queue (until you add complation state "Success" to be displayed.

Good luck!
    Barbara

Saturday, May 12, 2012 5:28 AM
  •  THANK YOU FOR REPLAY, BUT WHEN I CLICK ON THIS URL:http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2012/05/01/project-server-2010-orphan-baselines-breaking-the-reporting-publish.aspx. I SEE ERROR PAGE AS BLOW PIC:

Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:42 AM
  • Hi,

not sure what happened to the link. ANother try: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2012/05/01/project-server-2010-orphan-baselines-breaking-the-reporting-publish.aspx Or search for the following "Project Server 2010 Orphan baselines breaking the reporting publish Brian blog", in my case, it is the first hit.

Barbara

Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:58 AM
  • Hi Abbas,

Barbara is most likely correct, your error messages strongly indicate orphaned baseline values. If your link to Brian's Blog is still broken, please see the following forum thread with the same issue. Try clicking, or copy-pasting the text:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/86be5b78-245d-4b47-a5ae-6648131ee62b

Kind regards,
    Adrian

Saturday, May 12, 2012 5:25 PM
  • thank you
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:01 PM