Vista Home premium and Slow boot/Event viewer not logging Diagnostics-Performance RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have some problems with my Vista.
    About a month or so, the event viewer stopped logging everything and I am experiencing slow boot that thus I cannot see where the problem is.
    prfmon finds that everything is ok.
    processmonitor with boot logging generates a very long file (8.000.000 entries) therefore is very difficult to see whats going on.
    I am on a vaio laptop with 2.2 p8400 processor, 4 gb ram, 250gb harddisk, no external hd or anything.
    The long startup happens there where the boot loading of vista with the slider is... Takes about a minute or so, about 45 slidings of the bar when it took only about 8 slidings (this is just to illustrate). Around 45 seconds of the loading screen, I hear the harddisk like its repowered, although I hear it working all the time long. After that, windows loads fine. The problem happens on the black loading screen with that slider.
    Does anyone know how to enable the event viewer/log to start logging the operational-performance. I moved the evt files so corruption is not a problem. Harddisk doesnt habe any crc errors or anything. The event logging service is working as well.
    thanks
    chris
    Friday, December 12, 2008 5:22 AM

All replies

• Does anyone know how to enable the event viewer/log to start logging the operational-performance. I moved the evt files so corruption is not a problem. The event logging service is working as well.
    • Proposed as answer by canoetoday Friday, January 22, 2010 8:30 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2009 11:13 PM
  • See : http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaperformance/thread/f9cf23bf-1477-4098-a13f-cfd88e13c3c9
    • Proposed as answer by canoetoday Friday, January 22, 2010 8:32 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 8:32 PM