Office 2007 install fails on Win 7 64-bit MSDN version RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to install Office 2007 Enterprise on the MSDN release version of Win 7 64 bit.

I've tried this several times, the latest attempt was doing a new Win7 install, rebooting, then
    attempting the Office install again.

It always fails with a dialog box that reads: "Setup cannot find Office.en-us\OfficeLR.cab. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK."   The OfficeLR.cab file IS on the installation media. 

Upon checking in c:\Documents & Settings\{username}\Temp\SetupExe(xxxxxxxxxx).log, the following entry stands out:
    LIS failed to cache download "{90120000-0115-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C" resource "OfficeLR.cab". Cache Error 0x80070017
    Source Resolution cancelled

I've searched Google (and the obligatory Bling search as well), and while I found lots of others folks
    that had the same problem, most of their issues seemed to be a conflict between an older Office product 
    and the one they were trying to install. Manually removing all reg keys associated with all things Office 
    seemed to help them.

But I am stuck.  I also am having this exact same issue on another machine using the Win7 32-bit RC 1 
    version and with different media.

Any ideas ?

- Steve
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 11:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As your two Windows 7 computers have this issue, I suspect this is also related to the Microsoft Office 2007 Installation media. If you have another Microsoft Office 2007 Installation media, please try it and see how it works.

Considering this is Microsoft Office related and we have specific support on Office related issues, it is also recommended that you contact our Office Discussion Group for further investigation.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, October 2, 2009 2:10 AM
    Monday, September 28, 2009 10:43 AM