Favorites in folder in Favorites bar not in own order after expanding favorites bar. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have folders in the Favorites bar and I have ordered the items withint the folder by drag and drop according to their importance to me.

But I have a high number of favorites and all of them can not be shown in the normal window. So I have to click on the arrows on the right sideof the Favorites Bar to expand and see all my favorites. When I do that and click on a folder, the order of the items is alphabetic and not in the order I had arranged before, which makes more difficult to me to find the links I want.

It has different behavior when the folder is directly visible on the window and when the favorites bar has to be extended.

I have IE9, can that be fixed, or has been fixed in later versions?

Thanks, Julio

Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

this forum is for

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/

If you turn on the Address bar autocomplete for favorites and history in Internet Options, matching favourite entries and history entries will be displayed in the Address bar dropdown as you type.

or

type

shell:favorites

in the IE address bar to display your WINDOWS favorites folder, from which you can use WINDOWS search to find folders or url file content.

IE11 is the latest version that is available.... run windows update to update your machine with the latest versions of windows software.

User customization of Favorites folder order has not been available since IE8.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:18 AM
    Friday, September 12, 2014 2:28 AM