Outlook 2016 Auto-Complete Deletes when closing RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.4849.1000) 64-bit on Windows 10 (10.0.16299) domain computer.

I have an admin in our company that has a problem where every time he exits outlook and reopens, his auto-complete has emptied itself. I tried completely emptying it manually and uninstalling and reinstalling. Yes I've tried turning it off and on again.

Any ideas? What other information should I be looking for?

Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I tried completely emptying it manually and uninstalling and reinstalling.
    So what's the result?

Given this situation, it is suggested to repair your PST files and recreate your OST files then test again.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 17, 2019 2:15 AM
  • We have an onsite exchange server and we don't operate in cached mode. Where do find the data files on the exchange server since it's not stored locally and is it the same process?
    Friday, May 17, 2019 4:43 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If possible, please configure your email account on another computer then test and see if there is any difference.

Besides, it is suggested to disabled all your add-ins via File > Options > Add-ins > Go..and test.

In addition, it is also suggested to temporarily turn off your antivirus software to check if the issue will be gone.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, May 24, 2019 8:21 AM