skype for business certficate Renew RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Forum,

Skype For Business Internal &External and OAuth certificates needs to be renewed, 

We have one pool(with 2 FE ) 

Questions :

1) For internal and External URL is the same, so could I use only Public CA to renew both internal/external?

1) While Upgrading Certificate should be first renew default Certificate or OAuthCertificate ?

2) As OAuthcertificate is Global, do we need to renew it on all FE servers on both pool  with private key export option ?

Your suggestion will be appreciated

• Edited by Peang Suy Tuesday, December 26, 2017 2:34 PM
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 2:28 PM

All replies

• 1) Yes, you can use ONLY PUBLIC CA for both external and Internal certificate(s)

2) You meant "certificate renew" ? , you can renew either Frontend certificate or Oauth Certificate first, they are not required to be renewed in sequence

3) Oauth Certificate is used by server to server communication, you just need to renew it on a FE server, it will be automatically propagated to another FE in a pool. 

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, December 27, 2017 1:57 AM
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 4:15 PM
  • Hi Peang Suy,

Agree with Matrix.

As a supplement, you could use Lync deployment wizard to renew the OAuth certificate, I will share a document about how to renew certificate for Lync server, please refer to

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2013/09/16/renewing-lync-server-20102013-certificates/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by FJFJDFJ Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:08 AM
  • Hi Sir, Thank you for your information. let me try
    • Edited by Peang Suy Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:46 AM
  • Ok thanks you, and let me try Sir
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:47 AM
  • Hi Peang Suy,

You are welcome, if the reply is helpful, you can mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:19 AM
  • Hello Sir, We already renew our certificate, Thanks Q.
    Friday, December 29, 2017 3:57 AM
  • You are welcome

Regards,

Alice Wang

Friday, December 29, 2017 5:20 AM