none
Converting evaluation version to full version RRS feed

• Question

• Installed several machines using the Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 in a pinch during an issue we were having. I used an evaluation key. At this point, I have purchased full version keys and need to convert from evaluation to full with the new keys.

I was told to run the sysprep.exe and go through the configuration/setup again (this time using the new keys). At some point it tells me to check the date to confirm that date and time is correct because this is still evaluation copy (even with the new key). Once configuration is complete, the desktop is still labeled "Evaluation Copy" in the bottom right hand corner. 

Was this the correct way? Is there a better way to do this? (I was told that there may be a "patch" they can use).

• Edited by Dana R Monday, August 12, 2013 6:59 PM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 6:59 PM

All replies

• The simplest solution is to re-install with a fresh copy and the full release key. You can take the one system run sysprep to generate a master image, and then copy the master image to all the other targets.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, August 12, 2013 11:32 PM