What are the limits on SOH vendorSpecificData? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to attach a SOHAttributeValue that contains a vendorSpecificData attribute.

The system seems to work as expected until the data length exceeds approximately 200 bytes.  At that point, the SHV module indicates that NO SOH was sent by the client.

When I read the documentation, I was under the impression that 4000 was the limit for maxSoHAttributeSize.  Am I missing something here?

(BTW: I am trying to use DHCP enforcement for our test scenario.)

Any thoughts?

Friday, December 8, 2006 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Microsoft DHCP-Client has limitation of packet size 4K. As long as the total packet size of DHCP doesn't exceed 4K you can accomodate the SoH as much as you want. No other limitations as for as I know.

-RamaSubbu SK

DHCP-NAP

ramak@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft DHCP-Client has limitation of packet size 4K. As long as the total packet size of DHCP doesn't exceed 4K you can accomodate the SoH as much as you want. No other limitations as for as I know.

-RamaSubbu SK

DHCP-NAP

ramak@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:46 AM
  • Do you know how much the Microsoft SHA is putting on the DHCP packet?  It just seems that we hit a certain limit and our data is not sent as part of the DHCP request.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:38 PM
  • Right now I don;t have the exact size, but it is approxmately 600 Bytes. I have asked MS-SHA team about this size. Once i get the exact size/information on this I will update this thread. Thanks.

RamaSubbu SK

DHCP|NAP

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 5:49 AM