New life for QUICKEN 2004 XG under Windows 7 Professional RRS feed

• General discussion

• I would like to express appreciation for the guidance found on this page, given by the generous contributors who did more than a lot of people, including MVPs who simply told people to go and get a newer quicken. These types of answer are not appreciated. It is better to keep quiet if that is all they have to say.

Quiclken 2004 XG was the last UK version, has no support at all, and yet is arguably the best Quicken ever. What is complete madness was the discontinuation of the product after Microsoft announced it was withdrawing MS Money.

Thank you to those people who took the time to find solutions and share them with others. My Quicken (UK version) is working even better now under Windows 7 Pro after following the guidance given above, than it was under Windows Vista.

• Changed type Dale Qiao Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:25 AM
    Monday, September 13, 2010 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you get the problem resolved and the Quicken 2004 XG works amazing in Windows 7. But could you please share the detailed solution which can benifite more community users in forums? Thanks in advance for your sharing experience in forums.

Best Regards

Dale Qiao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:31 AM
  • I have just been trying to get Quicken XG working on Windows 7 with no success.....................can you help please?
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:53 PM